Learning to dance requires an investment of time and money. If you’re like me, both are precious commodities, which is why the Dancing Doc and I are Elite subscribers to Dance Vision’s Instructional Video Libraries. At first we subscribed to single libraries (Basic followed by Technique), but honestly, if you’re willing to cough up the $199 for an annual subscription, it really is the best bang for your buck.
When I think about the time and money the Doc and I invest in our dance education (lessons, coaching, workshops, etc.), $199 for a year – literally thousands and thousands of hours of instruction – is a bargain. The thing is, if the quality of the product wasn’t outstanding, ninety-nine cents would be too much to spend, but these videos really are exceptional. The libraries are well organized, the website is intuitive and the information is presented in entertaining, easy-to-consume portions by world class dancers, coaches and judges. Toggle between libraries, digest the information however you wish, in the manner you find most logical…at your own pace.
- The DVIDA Syllabus Library contains more than 2100 instructional videos covering every DVIDA Syllabus figure at every proficiency level – Bronze, Silver and Gold – in American Smooth & Rhythm, International Standard & Latin, Social/Club Dances, Argentine Tango and Country Western.
- The Variations Library contains more than 1400 interesting suggestions for combining syllabus figures, open patterns and advanced elements. Variations videos are an excellent resource for showcase or competition routine choreography as well as for social dancers who want to expand their repertoire of patterns.
- The Technique Library contains more than 1000 videos to deepen your dance knowledge by focusing on the elements that make you look and feel better when executing figures and patterns. Concepts covered include footwork, leg action, hip action, frame, partnering and connection, shaping, arm styling and much, much more.
- The Competitors Library contains more than 60 valuable video lectures from the top coaches, judges and former champions on everything from training, preparing for competition and grooming to character of the dances, judges expectations, performance and much more.
- DVIDA Bronze, Silver and Gold Manuals for American, International and Social/Club style dances complete with text and pictures.
Dance Vision offers nine different subscription plans tailored to suit specific needs and budgets. Whether you’re a social dancer, a competitive DanceSport athlete or you’re just beginning to learn, Dance Vision has a plan for you.
Variations Library subscribers have access to the complete library for $4.99 a month.
Technique Library subscribers have access to the complete library for $4.99 a month.
Country Western Library subscribers have access to the complete library of more than 300 instructional videos featuring Toby and Harmony Monroe for $4.99 a month.
Argentine Tango Library subscribers have access to the complete library including DVIDA Syllabus videos, Variations videos and Technique videos featuring Christy Cotes and George Garcia for $4.99 a month.
Competitors Library subscribers have access to the complete library for $4.99 a month.
Basic subscribers have access to the Bronze, Silver and Gold DVIDA Syllabus Instructional video library and manuals for $9.99 a month.
Advanced subscribers have access to the Bronze, Silver and Gold DVIDA Syllabus Instructional video library, manuals and Variations videos for American Smooth & Rhythm (Waltz, Tango, Foxtrot, Viennese Waltz, Peabody, ChaCha, Rumba East Coast Swing, Bolero, Mambo, West Coast Swing and Merengue) , International Standard & Latin (Waltz, Foxtrot, Tango, Viennese waltz and Quick Step) and Social/Club Dances (Salsa, Bachata, Hustle and Night Club Two-Step) for $14.99 a month.
Premium subscribers enjoy the same benefits as Advanced subscribers as well as access to the Variations, Technique and Competitors Libraries for $19.99 a month.
Elite subscribers receive access to the entire compendium of Dance Vision videos – that’s all the benefits Premium subscribers enjoy plus the Country Western and Argentine tango Libraries – for $199 a year. That’s a 17% discount over the Premium Package ($16.99 a month) with more content! Monthly billing is not available for this plan.
Curious about the videos? Watch undisputed four-time (1999-2002) United States Professional American Smooth Champions, Michael Mead and Toni Redpath, teach American Foxtrot Bronze figure 2A) Promenade Turning Left for a taste of what to expect from the Dance Vision Basic Instructional Video Series. Trust me…these videos are like potato chips…you can’t stop at just one.
Dance Vision has created the most comprehensive collection of instructional videos dedicated to ballroom dancing on the market and I’d like to invite you to take advantage of a special offer the folks at Dance Vision are making available ONLY to fans of The Dancing Housewife. Use the special *promo code TDH25 at checkout and receive 25% off any subscription plan. This offer expires in 90 days so act fast!